Life Technologies E-Gel System for electrophoresis and DNA fragment isolation
- This instrument can used by customers to run pre-cast agarose gels.
- The gel types include preparative and analytical gels.
- Special preparative gel cassettes can be used for the economical isolation of DNA fragments of desired length as a lower cost alternative to the Blue Pippin.
- Typical application is the sizing of DNA for Illumina or PacBio sample prep.
- For DNA size selection, cassettes are available from 0.8% to 4%. Gels can be pre-stained with ethidium bromide or SYBR dye. Available gels for 20bp – 10Kb include:
- 0.8% general purpose
- 1.2% general purpose
- 2.0% general purpose
- 4.9% general purpose
- Preparative gels are 2% and will permit isolation of bands from 50bp – 2Kb. For a user guide to gels see this ThermoFisher link.
- The device has a built-in blue light transilluminator to visualize DNA with minimum damage.
- Cassette gels can run up to 16 samples.
- For more information about the E-Gel system, please see the ThermoFisher website.
- Please note that we charge per usage which includes one cassette.
- For pricing see our Rates page.
- To reserve time see our IIGB Reservation and Billing Site.
- Note that we do not stock all cassette types. The most popular are 1.5% sizing gel. If you anticipate only occasional usage of an uncommon cassette, we may ask that you purchase the cassettes.