| Biorad Gel Doc EZ with Image Lab Software (DNA/protein gels and blots)
(user-operated)For pricing see our Rates page.To reserve time on the Gel Doc go to our IIGB Reservation and Billing site.
- This instrument is used to image nucleic acid and protein gels.
- It can also be used to visualize Coomassie Blue and silver stained gels.
- It can visualize Biorad stain-free proteins gels.
- It can visualize SYBR Green, SYPRO and ethidium bromide UV dyes.
- The Gel Doc EZ features Image Lab software for recognition and quantification of gels and blots and the use of standards for size.
- The gel Doc EZ can accommodate gels up to 15.5cm x 11.5cm
- The instrument has four filter sets (white, blue, UV and stain-free gel) permitting a wide variety of dye types to be visualized.
- The Image Lab software is relatively user friendly and merits analysis of gel lanes or individual bands including background subtraction methods and features to identify saturated image pixels.
- The user manual can be downloaded from Biorad.
- For more information on available filter sets and documents please see the BioRad website.
- Prior to usage customers may contact the Genomics Core to arrange instrument training although the supplied manual is very useful.