Genomics Reserve Equipment
To Reserve Equipment
The equipment in the Genomics Core can be reserved once Training has been received. The web-based IIGB Instrumentation Facilities Services and Billing Site is now available for tracking usage time and requesting services. For access to the equipment, please follow the steps outlined below.
- Training is required to understand the basic operation procedures of any instrument. Please see the Calendar for upcoming scheduled sessions and instructions on enrolling.
- All genomics equipment and services must be requested through the IIGB Instrumentation Facilities Services and Billing Site. Principal Investigators will receive monthly statements based on equipment reservation times and/or calculated rates on submitted service forms. In order to ensure an instrument’s availability, it is prudent to reserve equipment in advance; however, a computer is available in Room 2016 for login to the site and for entering and modifying usage times.To use the IIGB Instrumentation Facilities Services and Billing Site:
- You must have a login email address and password to access the site. If you are registering for the first time, use the Click Here to Register link on the reservation page and complete all fields. Please select your principal investigator from the pulldown menu. If your PI is not listed, please have him/her contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email regarding confirmation of your registration. Please wait one-day before using the application while permissions are being entered. If equipment is grayed out when trying to reserve, you must obtain permission from Genomics Core staff before usage. It may require specialized training or it may be used for routine work, such as DNA sequencing or microarrays.
- Upon accessing the site, please click on the “Start Here” link in the left sidebar. A list will appear of all instruments and services available in the four instrumentation core facilities: Microscopy, Genomics, Bioinformatics and Proteomics (sorted by column headings). The list may indicate that you need to “Contact Genomics” — this is because a discussion is needed first with Genomics Core staff to best determine your research needs.
- You must select or add an FAU in order to reserve an instrument or request a service. Please ask your principal investigator for a billing account number and add it if one is not provided.
- You will be billed according to the time indicated on the reservation calendar. You will not be able to alter the reservation after the session has ended. For questions regarding billing, please contact email@example.com.
- Reservations from all users will be color coded, but you will only be able to edit your reservations. You can, however, click on other reservations to view contact information.
- When done, turn off the equipment and remove any clutter or spills you have created for the benefit of the next user. If you note a problem with any equipment, please inform our staff.
- For more specialized services such as FACS sorting or Affymetrics microarrays, contact Barbara Walter to make arrangements.